GENI: 2002 Game Plan
Conferences (All events are an opportunity to
distribute CD-ROM and newsletter: "There is no
- The following three audiences will be the targeted
once again: (following "The Tripping Point"
- World leaders: Presidents, Prime Ministers,
Energy Ministers, Foreign Ministers, Environmental
Ministers and UN Ambassadors in all 200 nations
Note: Jan. 2002: All French speaking national
leaders (30 nations total) sent a GENI package
- Key world media (400 people)
- Key endorsers and champion prospects (300
key global prospects)
- Leading world corporations (targeting members
of the World Economic Forum)
- GENI Web Site (www.geni.org) enhanced with a graphical
expansion and depth of information (intern assisted)
and initiate an electronic marketing campaign via
news groups and personal mail-lists.
- Monthly updates sent to all donors and
key GENI contacts (350 people includes all GENI
- IEEE Power Engineering Society, Winter Meeting
(New York) Jan. GENI speaking on a panel session
on "Technical Solutions to Limiting Climate
Change". We also coordinated the panel: "Harnessing
Untapped Wind Potential Worldwide."
- Rotary International Convention, exhibition, (Barcelona),
- World Renewable Energy Congress, exhibition and
presentation (Cologne, Germany) June/July
- IEEE Power Engineering Society, Summer Meeting
(Chicago July. GENI coordinating panel on geothermal
- CIGRE (Paris), August. GENI exhibition for CD-ROM
distribution to HVDC engineers.
- Rio +10 review of the UN Conference on Environment
and Development, exhibition (Johannesburg) September
Research and Writing
- GENI Newsletter: "There is no energy crisis"
- complete the global distribution of newsletter
- GENI Book development (needs a writer/editor)
-- "There is enough for all"
- Opinion-Editorials and Articles on the potential
of renewable energy vs. the traditional strategies
- Global Design Team - college interns continue
to assist in the development of global issue papers,
work on web site, translate GENI documents into
foreign languages, assist in marketing and administration
Securing Financial Partners (corporate, foundation
or individual investors) for:
- GENI Computer Model ($1.6 million)
- "The Powerful Planet" film/documentary
- Bucky Fuller play, scheduled to open in New York
in 2002. GENI exhibit & product sales
- The World Game, staged in New York if funding
received from the Turner & UN Foundations
Income and Finance
- Maintain present donor base
- Paid Speaking Engagements at government,
corporate and trade association meetings
- Increase products sales and donors through GENI
- FREE World Fund develops a financial services
partner: possibly Schwab, Janus, Fidelity...
- Create a system for paper flow in the office:
reading, sorting, filing, library management and
web master (All part-time to start)
Key Champions/Endorsers prospect list (listing
the top 24 of 200 targeted people):
The Dali Lama
(The underlined people have given their endorsement
Do you know someone of comparable/significant stature?
that you can provide an introduction?