23 August 1994
A Solution to Global Problems
Dear GENI Friend,
Two months ago the GENI Board made the decision to
start marketing the GENI project much more aggressively.
The bold statement
GENI's public appearances have never been greater. In this past month we have:
* helped produce a panel session on Middle East electrical interconnections at the IEEE Power Engineering Society
* exhibited at the National Renewable Energy Lab meeting, hosted in part by the Department of Energy
* exhibited at the Eco-Village at Woodstock 94, and GENI was announced to over 100,000 people from the main stage
In the next five weeks, GENI will:
* be a featured presentation at the First International Conference of Computer Simulation Societies
* exhibit at CIGRE (International Conference of Large High-Voltage Electric Systems) to 2,500 engineers from around the world
* exhibit to over 5000 delegates at the United Nations Conference on Population and Development
* open a new Affiliate in Hong Kong, and establish contacts with key energy planners in China
And these are only some of the more visible opportunities for exposure. Daily we receive communications from supporters who tell us about personal conversations, media exposure and presentations made to all kinds of schools, businesses and trade organizations.
Clearly, GENI has moved into a higher mode of activity and awareness in the world. I want to thank you personally for supporting this work, as your contribution makes it all possible.
In Partnership for the Planet,
Keywords : A Solution to Global Problems ,sustainable development, global energy network institute, international electricity transmission, grid, power, environmental educational programs, peace, zero population growth, stabilization, life expectancy, infant mortality, free world energy trends, deforestation, climate change, global warming, world game, uhv, hvdc, hvac
GENI Affiliates in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore and United States.